Friday, December 17, 2010

Would You Buy a Used Joke from This Man?


True story. A few years ago, crankyjewishguy (CJG) took his two sons, then about 14 and 10, to see a show in New York. Across the street from the theater was another theater where the legendary comedian Jackie Mason was doing his one man show. To his astonishment, CJG looked across the street and who should he see standing on the sidewalk in front of the theater but the man himself. So, CJG says to his wife and kids, "come with me."

CJG introduces himself and the family and says, "Mr. Mason, I've been a big fan since I was their age," pointing two his two blond, blue-eyed sons. Mason is very gracious. "Yeah," says CJG, "my parents had all your albums and one of my favorite jokes was when you said, 'my Mother had thirteen children, but she stopped after thirteen because she read in the paper that every fourteenth child born in America is an Indian. She figured since the Indians don't have Jewish, why should the Jewish have Indians?'"

"You remember that pretty good," Jackie Mason said to CJG, who wasn't known as CJG then.

"Let me ask you a question," said Mason. "Are you Jewish?"

"Yes," replied CJG.

"Are those your children?" asked Mason.

"Yes," CJG said again. Pause. (Imagine Mason's staccato delivery now.)

"Those are the most gentile looking Jewish kids I've ever seen in my life."

True story.


1 comment: